An act of parliament in 2018 legalized the use of CBD oil. THC is still considered to be a controlled substance and is not legal for public consumption. That said, the change in the law was a very big deal for all people who had any interest at all in potentially using CBD oil for their own personal consumption. They were suddenly met with an opportunity to truly enjoy the benefits of CBD oil in ways that they could not before. This was very exciting news for people who were looking to start using CBD oil for pain relief UK.
Can CBD Oil Help With Pain?
We are still very much in the early stages of discovery when it comes to what we know about CBD oil and the impact that it may have on different patients. That being said, there are some exciting developments in the research world as far as the potential impacts that CBD oil may have on pain relief. New research indicates that CBD oil may be effective at treating certain chronic pain conditions that patients go through. Thus, the idea that CBD oil for pain relief UK may be a possibility in the future is something worth looking at.
4 Kinds of Pain that CBD Oil Can Help With
There are various types of pain that CBD oil can be used to target. Some of the types that it is most commonly used against include:
- Therapeutic pain – This is the type of pain that comes when someone is going through physical therapy of some kind in order to heal an injury of some kind that they have suffered from.
- Chronic pain – This is a lingering form of pain that is both intense and long-lasting. Chronic pain’s intensity can vary from mild to highly intense. This type of pain is the main cause of disability and the general burden of diseases.
- Arthritic pain – An incredibly common type of pain, arthritic pain is a big deal because it is the type of pain that one may suffer from when they engage in repeated actions time and time again in the course of their work or play. It is, however, more common in secondary diseases such as Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Neuropathic pain – This type of pain originated from inflammation and damage to the peripheral nerves, the spinal cord or the brain. The main causes of neuropathic pain are diseases that cause nerve inflammation, like herpes zoster or diabetes, but it could be secondary to traumatism as well.
- Cancer treatment – Sadly, millions of people are diagnosed with cancer every year. It can be a very painful diagnosis, both from a mental and physical perspective. Cancerous tumours can cause compression of surrounding structures like blood vessels or nerves, and cause pain in many ways and varying intensities. Thus, many cancer patients will turn to CBD oil to seek some relief from the pains associated with their cancer diagnosis.
Ingredients Found in CBD Oil for Pain Relief UK
CBD oil is made from a number of ingredients that may be useful in managing pain. For example, it is common to hear about the following ingredients being included in CBD oil products:
These are just a few of the things that you are likely to find in virtually any CBD oil product that you purchase. Moreover, it has also been found in several studies that the combination of CBD and THC creates an entourage effect. This entourage effect means that the use of both ingredients is far more effective than just CBD alone.
It is also possible that you may want to try to look for organic CBD oil or something that comes from a more natural source (more on this later). Just understand that there are a variety of ingredients that are in CBD oil that will potentially help with pain relief.
Is CBD Oil Better than Hemp for Pain Relief?
Sometimes, people will use hemp as a way to bring about pain relief as well. Indeed, this could be something that may prove worthwhile for some individuals. It is understandable that there are people who want to use one or both of these options to get the kind of relief that you have come to expect from CBD-type products.
You have plenty of options to select from when it comes to pain relief products, and you should try to work through which of those options makes the most sense for you based on your specific needs. It is possible that your body will respond more fully to one particular type of treatment or another. There isn’t a single formula that is guaranteed to work for every person at all times. However, there are a lot of reasons to think that CBD oil is the way to go. At least it is more affordable than some other options, and the early research suggests that there are reasons to believe that pain relief is a very real upside of CBD oil.
Which CBD Products Should I Consider for Pain Relief?
There are different types of CBD products that may be useful for different types of CBD oil for pain relief UK. If you are interested in making sure the CBD products you use will carry you all the way, make sure you consider the delivery method of the CBD product that you use. The delivery method is likely the most important aspect of how you receive your CBD and how it treats the pains that you are dealing with.
CBD products may be consumed by mouth regardless of if they are liquid, capsule, or in food/beverage. These products are then processed through the digestive tract. This causes the absorption to be a little slower than if the product was consumed via another method. As such, you should expect that your CBD experience may be a little delayed in terms of your body’s reaction to it. You may not feel the effects of CBD oil until approximately one to two hours after you have consumed it.
You may decide to use capsules for daily use after you have established a safe and healthy amount for yourself. It is not necessarily going to be easy to find that perfect dosage, but it is possible for you to pull this off if you.
Experts say that the best way to take CBD by mouth is in capsule form. They don’t necessarily recommend going for the edibles that are out there because they say that it is too challenging to figure out the proper dosage. Some people also choose to consume CBD via a liquid dropper or some other simplistic form of taking the CBD oil substance. That is a perfectly acceptable option for those who are interested in making sure they get the CBD oil that they need in their life in a controlled form.
On the Skin
Lotions and balms are sometimes used as a CBD delivery system. This just means that one can apply it to their skin in the areas where they are experiencing the most pain. It is something that should be done when there is localized pain that one experiences, particularly if they experience it on their skin. Applying CBD to the skin may be a great way to get it cleared up and move on to the next thing.
Always check with your doctor before doing this simply to make sure you aren’t taking any risk of making a specific skin condition worse by applying something to it. You should be just fine, but you should still check just to be on the safe side. After all, there is nothing worse than trying to improve a skin issue only to make it worse by applying CBD to the problem area.
CBD may be inhaled via a vape pen or some other delivery system. There are some people who prefer to inhale their CBD because this is what they are familiar with when it comes to the consumption of their favourite products. If that is the case, then CBD should behave no differently for them. This is to say that they ought to be permitted to take in their CBD just the same way that they are already used to.
How Much CBD Oil Can be Taken for Pain Relief?
There is always a question about precisely how much CBD oil for pain relief UK one ought to take to achieve the pain relief that they are looking for. After all, they don’t want to overdo it, but they still want to achieve the desired result that will alleviate at least some of their pain. The research shows that the right dosage for CBD oil seems to be approximately 2.5-20 milligrams to be administered orally.
Also, you can purchase a CBD oil that contains THC. Consuming CBD oil with THC will increase the pain-relieving effect you receive. However, the psychoactive effects of THC will appear, so you should take note of that.
Things to Watch Out for When Buying CBD Oil for Pain Relief in the UK
When you want to get some CBD oil for your pain, you will need to be sure that the things that you are getting are truly set up to bring you the relief that you desire. It is important to think about CBD oil and where it comes from. Some people have had less-than-ideal experiences with CBD oil in the past because they may have not purchased from the most ideal sources. This is why we highly recommend that you look for CBD products that are naturally derived, ones where you can tell where they were sourced from, and products that you know you are going to enjoy using as a consumer.
Why You Should Buy CBD Oil for Pain Relief From Us
There are a variety of reasons why you should look at the CBD products that we have to offer you as a consumer. We always want to make sure that you can get your CBD oil from a source that you know you can trust. This is why we offer the following:
- Top Quality Products – The very best products come from our team, and we always make sure that the products that we
- Lab-Tested – All of our products go through the rigours of lab testing to be sure that they are spot on exactly how you want them to be.
- Informative Staff – We hire staff that knows what they are talking about when they go over the products with customers. Any questions that you may have about this new type of product are something that we are happy to help you out with regardless.
- Largest Selection of CBD Products in the UK – We are proud to offer the largest selection of CBD products in the entire United Kingdom. We make sure our customers have every opportunity to consume the CBD products that they want in the way that they choose. Additionally, we make sure that they are able to get all of their questions answered if they come to us looking for more information about CBD.
- Best Prices – One of our goals is to make sure our clients are able to receive their CBD at the best prices in the entire market. The only way to get to that point is to make sure we offer CBD at a reasonable rate that cannot be beaten. Of course, this means focusing on the way that we source our material. We feel strongly about this, and we have been able to keep our prices reasonable because we always look for the best sources for these products based on what will work out the best for our customers.
- 30-Day Guarantee – Everything that we do comes with a 30-day guarantee. That is to say that if you are not pleased with the CBD product that you have tried with us, simply return the unused portion within thirty days and you will get your money back. We offer this because it gives our customers a chance to try out what they are purchasing from us without having to worry about spending their money on something that they ultimately do not like. We are here to provide a great experience for our customers, and this is one way that we can do so.
There is strong evidence that CBD oil for pain relief UK can be helpful in managing various forms of pain. If you have tried many other things without much luck, please take a look at what CBD oil could potentially do to help you out. This may be just what you need to get things under control.
Taming THC: potential cannabis synergy and phytocannabinoid-terpenoid entourage effects. In British Journal of Pharmacology (Vol. 163, Issue 7, pp. 1344–1364). Wiley. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1476-5381.2011.01238.x
Argueta, D. A., Ventura, C. M., Kiven, S., Sagi, V., & Gupta, K. (2020). A Balanced Approach for Cannabidiol Use in Chronic Pain. In Frontiers in Pharmacology (Vol. 11). Frontiers Media SA. https://doi.org/10.3389/fphar.2020.00561
Although several studies have shown CBD’s ability to help with several health concerns, it should be noted that we always encourage you to seek medical advice from licensed doctors before consuming CBD products.
In addition, while CBD skincare products are generally safe, ingested CBD products like edibles and oil may pose some side effects on a very small portion of the global user base. These can include but are not limited to fatigue, diarrhoea, change in appetite, and change in weight.